Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Bouquet

I made a new illustration! For fun! I really like how it turned out and I have the perfect frame for it. The image gives me the impression of both the monster gathering a bouquet, as well as a sullen girl being possessed.

I tried to describe the illustration to my friend, Shawn, over the phone, (a girl, looking like a rose, sort of embraced or possessed, by a sort of monster .. or wolf ...) and I was trying to figure out a story or fable that it might symbolize ... and he told me is sounds like Twilight.

Also, I've been really enjoying listening to The Hunger Games audio book. It's so good! Another good one is The Help. I rent them from the library, but you can also download them on audible.

*UPDATE* Hanna has just informed me that this piece is much more like Beauty and the Beast! And she's so right, I can't believe I didn't catch that myself.

2 comments:

Hanna said...

Beauty and the Beast! Obviously.

Jessica Rae Gordon said...

HA! Oh man Hanna, you're totally right. How did I miss that?